Question:
Whats the best Vietnamese and Thai restaurant in the Philadelphia area.?
.?
2008-06-30 09:28:08 UTC
Whats the best Vietnamese and Thai restaurant in the Philadelphia area.?
Ten answers:
phillybud
2008-07-01 14:22:43 UTC
Thai and Vietnamese are two excellant cuisines. I love both. Here are my favorites:

Thai - Pattaya Grill, near the corner of 40th and Chestnut in

University City (very good)

Lemongrass, at the corner of 37th and Lancaster in

University City (the BEST in Philly IMO)

Vietnamese - Some Vietnamese places are clustered around Washington Ave. in South Philly, such as: Nam Phuong at 1100 Washington Ave. and Pho Ha at 610 Washington (both are very good)

Pho' Hoa at 1111 South 11th St. is my favorite
briteyes
2008-07-02 09:45:45 UTC
I agree with Phillybud; Lemongrass Thai in University City is fantastic! They also have wonderful lunch deals during the week (they have a second restaurant in King of Prussia, which is just as good). Their seafood curry is just out of this world.

Lemongrass Thai

3626-30 Lancaster Ave.

215-222-8042

http://www.phllemongrass.com/home.html

The only Vietnamese restaurants I've been to are Vietnam Restaurant and Vietnam Palace, which are across the street from one another in Chinatown. If you wander around Chinatown, there are a number of smaller Pho places as well. (Vietnam Restaurant is very popular; I personally prefer Vietnam Palace.)

Vietnam Palace

222 N. 11th Street

215-592-9596

http://www.vietnampalacephilly.com

Vietnam Restaurant

221 N. 11th St.

215-592-1163

http://www.eatatvietnam.com/welcome.cfm
alicias7768
2008-06-30 10:50:25 UTC
Pho Xe Lua Vietnamese and Thai Restaurant

907 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA

http://philadelphia.about.com/library/gallery/blphiladelphia_chinatown15.htm

THE PAD THAI SHACK

127 S. 18th Street * Philadelphia, PA 19103

215.557.0422

info@padthaishack.com

Take-out service hours are:

11AM to 9PM

Now open 7 days a week
JADE WIND
2008-07-02 15:50:47 UTC
Pho Xe Lua Viet Thai Restaurant - Philadelphia, PA, 19107-1805 ...Pho Xe Lua Viet Thai Restaurant. 907 Race St Philadelphia, PA 19107-1805 ... Each Vietnamese restaurant in the area seems to have its strengths. ...

philadelphia.citysearch.com/profile/8959663/philadelphia_pa/pho_xe_lua_viet_thai_restaurant.html - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

Pho Xe Lua Viet Thai Restaurant User Reviews - Philadelphia, PA ...Pho Xe Lua Viet Thai Restaurant. 907 Race St Philadelphia, PA 19107-1805 ... It's just an OKAY restaurant to eat Vietnamese and Thai (HA!) food. ...

Show map of 907 Race St, Philadelphia, PA 19107

Pho Xe Lua Vietnamese and Thai Restaurant - Philadelphia Chinatown ...Photo of the Pho Xe Lua Vietnamese and Thai Restaurant in Philadelphia's Chinatown.

philadelphia.about.com/library/gallery/blphiladelphia_chinatown15.htm - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Whats the best Vietnamese and Thai restaurant in the Philadelphia ...Whats the best Vietnamese and Thai restaurant in the Philadelphia area.? ... Pho Xe Lua Vietnamese and Thai Restaurant 907 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA ...

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080630092808AAccRkl - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

Vietnamese Restaurants in Philadelphia, PA on Yahoo! LocalLocal Get Ratings & Reviews on Vietnamese Restaurants with Photos, Maps, ... Pho Xe Lua Viet Thai Restaurant (215) 627-8883 907 Race St, Philadelphia, ...

local.yahoo.com/PA/Philadelphia/Food+Dining/Restaurants/Vietnamese+Restaurants - 67k - Cached - Similar pages

Philadelphia Thai RestaurantsFind Philadelphia, PA thai restaurants locations and reviews on Insider ... Adua T., "Viet Thai is a superb menu combination of Vietnamese and Thai food. ...

www.insiderpages.com/s/PA/Philadelphia/ThaiRestaurants - 22k
2016-05-26 07:18:49 UTC
Toi on Sunset has great food and rockin' music. Love it. Also Chao Krung on Fairfax is cool, too. There's a place on Sherman Way in the Valley in Van Nuys called Krua Thai. Jonathan Gold of L.A. Weekly rates their pad thai the best in town, and I must say, it is terrific! Not the fanciest place in not such a great 'hood ( can say it since I grew up there) but worth the drive.
PhillyKat
2008-07-01 13:17:24 UTC
Wow this question made me hungry.

I've never had Vietnamese, but for Thai I agree with Pittaya Grille on U of P's campus.
Never Enough Time
2008-06-30 15:54:11 UTC
If you're around University City, try Pattaya or Thai Singha.
tim.almeda
2008-06-30 12:54:52 UTC
I personally like Pho Cali on Arch St.
thefoxxww2
2008-06-30 13:49:15 UTC
I love the restaurant "Vietnam" in China Town. Fantastic food!
PhillyGrl84
2008-07-01 06:27:52 UTC
Chabaa Thai in Manayunk, PA is very good- and inexpensive. As well, it also has BYOB.